Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Praying for the Future

I've been thinking a lot lately about prayer.. I mean it's kind of a big deal. You know talking to the creator of the universe and all. Anyway I write in a prayer journal because it is easier for me to organize my thoughts on paper and I like to look back to see my where I was at spiritually. A conversation I had on Saturday got me thinking about what I pray for. I looked back through my prayer journal and noticed that I pray mostly about the here and now. Which, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with praying about things going on now (there's a ton of stuff and people needing prayer now), but personally I want to start praying more about the future. I don't have children yet but I have always felt like God put me here to be a mommy. I am going to pray that the Lord prepares me to be a Godly mom in a world that has forgotten what parenting is about. I am going to pray for my (future) children. That they would be healthy and that they would have a love and a passion for the Lord. I already pray for my marriage, but I am going to pray for the future of our marriage, that we would continue to grow together and in Christ. I am going to pray for the future of our country/society. This world is becoming a scary place, I am going to pray that people's eyes would be opened to the Gospel and that they would embrace it. These are just a few of the things that I am going to start paying for. I encourage you, if you aren't praying for the future... Start now!

1 comment: